Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New toys

After a few dramas the Dishwasher and hotwater heater were put in and connected yesterday.

The dishwasher needs some carpentry done to make the cupboard fit it properly. I hope my skills are up to it! I just have to reattach the door on the left and put in a little shelf thing. I think I can manage that. It's kind of sad to be so excited about a dishwasher, but after 2 years of washing dishes, we were both pretty sick of it. Especially if you're entertaining. You get to the end of the night and think, "Oh no! Now I have an hour of washing up to do!" either that or you leave it until the morning ... no one wants to wake up to that!

The hotwater heater is super. Apparently they delivered the wrong one, it was bigger than the one we wanted. So anyway, now we're never going to run out of hotwater! It was so nice in the shower this morning having full pressure hotwater, old one used to dribble out. Add to that it has a temperature throttling valve thing which means it never gets hot enough to scald. This is great news with Mitch.

The other toy is my new backpack which I got for my birthday. It's a Booq laptop bag. The idea being that next year when Meeks goes back to work, I will be working from home one day a week and transporting my laptop will be easier. Add to that my brief case was falling apart anyway. The backpack is very cool. Here is a link to the web site. They take their backpacks very seriously!

No comments: