Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas starts early!

Well, December began with a removal of the hairy growth that had been crowding my chin, much to the relief of Meeks and Mitch (and me - I don't know how people put up with them). Many thanks to those who sponsored me.

On Saturday I got the tree Christmas tree down from in the roof and Meeks and I decorated it with all the plastic decorations (the special glass ones are in a bowl out of reach) while Mitch was asleep. When Mitch woke up we said, "We've got a surprise for you!". He ran down the hall and into the lounge and ran right past the tree! We said, "Over here Mitchy!" and he looked at us and then looked at the tree and then looked at us and well, generally was a bit underwhelmed. After a little bit he did get more interested and went up and touched the baubles. He pretty much touched every one he could reach. We have a rule, he can touch but he can't pull on them. He seems to understand, and just touches, at least while we're watching him. I suspect if we left him alone with the tree for any period of time we'd come back and he'd have plucked all the low hanging fruit, so to speak!

We tried to get a family photo in front of the tree this afternoon, but Mitch wasn't have a bar of it - admittedly he had just been woken up by me sneezing, which is enough to make anyone grumpy. We got a nice one of the tree though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty tree!!!