Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Long "Day"

At about midday Friday (yesterday) I started a very long "day" of work. It is the implementation of the work I have been doing since about August last year. I wont get to go home again until Sunday morning. I'm staying at a hotel in the city so basically I'm either in the office or in the hotel sleeping. The only time I'm not at work or sleeping is during the afternoon and evening on Saturday when Meeks and Mitch are coming to visit.

It is 4am Saturday and we have successfully completed tonight's implementation and now it is just a series of monitoring activities until 9am. Then it's back to the hotel for some sleep. I'm back in the office at 1am Sunday morning until 9 or 10am and then I can head home.

Please pray for the success of the projects I'm working on, for me personally because I was tired before this weekend started after a manic week of 10-12 hour days last week and also for Meeks and Mitch. Mitch doesn't understand why Daddy isn't there and Meeks has to take care of him all weekend without any help from me. I miss them both!

Add to that I have to work again next weekend, although hopefully next week will be better than last week (providing everything goes well this weekend). I need a holiday!

Status update: 5:20am Sunday. It looks like the implementation has been a successful. There were a few niggles tonight, but nothing to induce panic. I managed to get some sleep between about 8pm and 1am, but I'm still sooooo tired. I should be able to go at about 6. Probably back to the hotel, breakfast and check out and then go home for a sleep.

No comments: