Friday, July 27, 2007

Rest for my weary eyes

I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home on Wednesdays ...well Wednesday nights anyway. A lot of the stuff I do involves spreadsheets and program code with lots of little text. The screen on my work laptop is good, but it was giving me very sore eyes and a headache after a few hours. So I decided it was time to get a new screen. After an extensive search of options and reading of reviews and balancing of the bank account we got a Samsung 206BW.

It's a 20inch widescreen LCD monitor. I was tempted to go bigger and get the 22 inch screen, but it was about $90 more expensive and you have to stop somewhere.

I bought the monitor from Aus PC Market. I've bought a few components from there over the years and I can highly recommend them. They are a little bit more pricey than some places, but most prices include postage (postage can add $40 to $60 for a LCD monitor), so they end up being good value. They communicate well sending out email when the order is received and assembled and also when the courier picks up the package and generally it gets delivered by courier the day after you order it as long as it is in stock.

This is not an ad for Samsung or Aus PC Market, but I figure when I get a good product or good service I might as well tell people about it!

I'm looking forward to being able to have very relaxed eyes.

3 comments:

Howie said...

now all you need is a mac

Dave&Meeks said...

Don't think I haven't thought about it. They are a bit pricey though and given I have never actually used one, I figure I might as well stick with what I know.

Howie said...

wuss