Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long time no news

It has been a long time since I have blogged but aside from just about everybody having their turn or turns of getting sick not very much has happened!

Last weekend I had a very busy work weekend, which was bad news because I was quite unwell from Thursday to probably Saturday morning. I managed to pull myself together for Saturday afternoon when Meeks and I took Mitch to see Thomas Live on Stage at Acer Arena at Sydney Olympic Park. He loved it, but the 25 minute interval was a bit perplexing in a children's show. Many kids had lost interest and wanted to go home by the time interval finished. By the end of the show Mitch was more interested in the post-show ice cream that we had promised him. The good thing about working there is that I have parking. The bad thing is that I hadn't been to work for a couple of days because I had been sick and people who knew I had been at home sick were still at work on Saturday afternoon when I turned up to see Thomas (I wasn't meant to be there at that stage so I wasn't actually missing work, it just looked slightly odd - at least according to Meeks! In my eyes I had managed to work 18 out of the previous 24 hours despite being sick as a dog so I was quite happy that I hadn't let anyone down!)

Anyway, on to something different. This weekend we picked up our print of the photo I took of our feet and managed to hang it on the wall. It looks great and they did a really good job of it (so they should have given what we paid for it!). It is hanging above the dinner table. Certainly a more unusual family portrait.

I haven't had the camera out much recently because we have either been busy or sick or both, so there are no pictures I'm afraid (sorry Mum). Lucas and Sam are approaching 6 months and continuing to grow well. They are having at least one meal with solids a day now but still, generally, show little interest in sleeping through the night, although they did last night which was great. Unfortunately Mitch woke up with a coughing fit (Mitch and I have nasty cough at the moment) so it wasn't an unbroken night's sleep.

Anyway, that is all the news for now!

No comments: