Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I decided it was time for a change so Meeks cut all my hair off. Here's me and Mitchy mucking around and me feeding Lucas.





Sam distinguished himself this morning with a projectile vomit that I'm sure defied the laws of physics. I was sitting on the couch with Sam lying on my legs. He'd just drunk 100ml of milk and had a burp and was about to have some more. He wriggled a bit and suddenly his mouth was full of milk. I thought, "That's gross". Then he wriggled again and the milk flowed out of his mouth. I thought, "That's even more gross" as I reach for a towel to wipe his mouth. Then he wriggled again, and the milk flew out of his mouth and all over me and even reached my face and splashed over my ear and into my hair a bit. Then I looked over my shoulder and the milk had made it all the way to the wall behind my head. His projectile vomit had almost covered a metre! Upwards! When I'd cleaned up the mess on him and me and the wall and the floor I gave him the rest of his bottle, but he was still hungry so he had another 50 ml then went to sleep. It's hard work drinking 100ml, vomiting it up while defying the laws of gravity and fluid dynamics, drinking another 100ml and then drinking another 50ml just to make sure!

In other news, the boys are 12 weeks old tomorrow so yesterday we went and had them weighed. Lucas is about 6.85kg and Sam is about 6.15 kg so they are both continuing to grow well. They are continuing to sleep well at night which is great, but don't sleep so well in the day - although generally they take it in turn having bad days, so neither of them is better than the other. They haven't quite got their sleep hours right yet and are feeding at around 6:30pm and waking up between 4am and 5:30am for a feed. We're going to try and push their evening feed to around 8:30pm tonight and hopefully that will get them through to 6:30am or something.

2 comments:

jenny said...

what, no photos of the aftermath??

hair cut look good.

Dave&Meeks said...

The aftermath of the haircut or the vomit? The vomit was 5am, I was more concerned with cleaning it up, feeding the boys and going back to bed!