Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sleeping well ... at night

The boys had their longest sleep last night. They slept from 6:30pm until about 4am. Unfortunately, neither Meeks nor I managed to sleep very well. Meeks had trouble going to sleep and got more and more frustrated because she realised what an opportunity she was missing out on. I just kept waking up every hour or so expecting to have feed them. Then when they did wake up they took ages to go to sleep so Meeks didn't get back to bed until 5:50am and I got up at 6am because Mitch woke up and I had to tell him to go back to sleep!

Unfortunately they don't sleep nearly so well during the day. Sam slept well today, but Lucas was a nightmare waking up all the time. The day before was pretty much the same thing. Every time I put him down in bed he would cry, but when I brought him out in the family room and put him in the bouncy thing he was happy watching me as I walked around doing things.

No photos of the boys today, but I did take this one of the arm chair in it's new spot

It's really nice sitting there in the sunlight and reading stories or having a cup of tea.

1 comment:

jenny said...

i can understand meeks frustration at the opportunity going by. i find that happens in this household as well.
fortunately oscar was and is a pretty good night sleeper. but only recently better in the day. still not excellent though.
hopefully the boys get it sooner rather than later.
arm chair spot looks great! especially on these sunny winter days.